Wednesday, February 4, 2009

R & G Are Living...for the moment

As we finish Act II of R&G Are Dead I find myself less confused then I was at the beginning of the Act. Luckily, I've managed to finally accept the seemingly random scene changes. Although as I have been reading the play I find myself wondering whether the average reader understands what is truly occurring within. I wonder if anyone that does not analyze the play can truly appreciate it for anything more then a well written parody of Hamlet. Obviously if they have read Hamlet then the meta fiction would stand out, but would any of the postmodern ideas and concepts? This question will probably continue to bug me until I can convince someone not in our class to read both Hamlet and R&G and then give me their opinion on it...an unlikely prospect if there every was one.

No comments: