Monday, May 25, 2009

La Planeta De Los Apes

Out of all of the movies I have seen during the school year (woefully few) this would have to be my favorite. Astonishingly I had not seen Planet before and although I had seen Spaceballs I had never fully understood the ending scene until recently. This has been the first movie I've watched in scool that I have considered renting before it was finished in class. But I digress. The Secular Humanism worldview can be seen mostly in the thoughts that Taylor and the scientists express, that there is no god and that ultimatly man (ape) determine their own future. I find that this will probably be my favorite movie during our festival.

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

Aw, come on, I know you're humming "The Lusty Month of May" while you skip down the halls:)